Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: Staying at Daisy's by Jill Mansell



I love British chick lit
Yes, I do,
I love British chick lit
How about you?
 
Daisy's father Hector owns the hotel called Colworth Manor in the English countryside. Daisy is the hotel manager who recently lost her so-called husband in an accident. Steven donated his kidney to Barney who becomes a porter at the hotel and falls for Mel, who had a past with Steven and has her own surprise. Hector is having a secret affair with Maggie. Tara is best friends with Daisy and a chambermaid at the hotel. Tara's ex-boyfriend Dominic is getting married at the hotel and he brings along his best-man Dev who plans on sticking around. Will Daisy let him?

Jill Mansell's novels tend to read like soap-operas; lots of plot lines and lots of quirky characters with lots of problems. The one thing soap-operas are lacking is Jill Mansell's witty humor. I love British humor. When I read these types of books, I get lost in them and forget my own life. Never a dull moment. Fun and clever. Very enjoyable way to spend the day.


1 comment:

  1. I love Brit chick lit, too! It's done so much better than the American versions in many ways!

    ReplyDelete