Saturday, August 4, 2012

Just read: Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Finished Ascend by Amanda Hocking last night. It was the final book in the Trylle trilogy. I read the first book in March and the second book in May. It took a long time to get the book off the reserve list at the library. I didn't quite remember all of the details of the first two books, but the author did a great job of filling the reader on what had happened in the story. It started out a little slow, but picked up and I finished in a few hours. I originally had picked up the book because Amanda self -published them on the Internet. I was curious. I had heard that the self- published editions needed a lot of editing. Because I read the print editions after they were picked up by a publishing company, I didn't find too many issues. Not doing a full review, but if you like fantasy this might be a series to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment