Saturday, September 22, 2012

If you love Downton Abbey..



I "liked" Downton Abbey(or Downtown Abbey as my husband calls it) on Facebook and found out that those lucky British people are watching Season 3 now, while we have to wait until January!!! While I would love to find a Torrent in order to view it now, I am going to be a good girl and wait until January.





However, I found some things that will tide me over until then.

While perusing the DVD collection at the library, I found this gem that I must have missed when it premiered on PBS last March.





It is about a British soldier during WWI who is fighting in France and he recalls his affair with a French woman.  It reminds me a little of Atonement by Ian McEwan. I finished Part One this afternoon and will try to finish Part Two tomorrow. I am enjoying it. I might even read the book.




  
I also found out that Call the Midwife will be premiering on PBS on Sunday, September 30th at 8:00 p.m., which is great because I just started the book and am about 1/2 way through it. It is about a group of midwives/nuns in 1950's London.  I will post a review in the next few days.

Happy reading/watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment