Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Real Poop...



Bear with me here. This blog is about not only reading, but things that make my list.  One thing that is always on my list is how to make my bathroom smell better. I mean, I live with two little boys and one big boy. I clean my bathrooms everyday. I cannot imagine not doing this. I don't know if they close their eyes when they pee, but that stuff happens to get everywhere. Then it dries up and you have to scrub, scrub, scrub to remove it. I use lots of bleach and Lysol.

Pee is one thing, but poop is another. No matter what you spray, it never quite removes the smell.  I happened to be flipping through channels a few weeks ago and found myself watching QVC where they were selling this stuff called Poo-Pourri. 

"Poo~Pourri is not a chemical cover up! Based on aromatherapy principles, a squirt or two into the bowl forms a protective layer of essential oils that prevents nasty smells from showing up in the first place." 

People were calling in and saying how much it works; yada, yada, yada. I checked the QVC reviews and it got 5 star reviews that were mostly positive. So I decided to purchase some.  I got the 4 bottle set and it cost me $30.00 with shipping and tax. Expensive, but one bottle has over 100 uses and if it makes my bathrooms smell great, then it would be worth it.  The boys eagerly awaited the shipment in the mail...

Verdict is... it works! I mean really works. It is made from essential oils, so it smells like lemon or lavender or mint or whatever. Not that fake floral of a bathroom spray. Directions say 4-6 sprays, however through some experimentation, we have found that 3 sprays does the trick. 


I will repurchase.  

The next "bathroom" related thing on my list is my own bathroom. A girl can wish...

No comments:

Post a Comment