Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012/Best Books/2013






 


2012 was a great year for me. I accomplished my goals, the most important of which were running a half marathon, starting a blog and reading more books than I ever have.

  • I  never ever thought I could finish one half-marathon, and I did three. Very proud of myself for that.  In recap I ran 12 races; three half marathons, 8 5K's and the Manchester Road Race which was 4.8 miles and does not fall into any race category. I battled a stress fracture which caused me to drop out of one race which I really wanted to do. As far as my stress fracture goes, it had been feeling fine until just about last week. In late November and most of December I was doing more miles than I have since July (10-15 miles a week) which has proven to be too much. So I am feeling some pain and trying to be smart, which means taking a few weeks off from running. :( I was planning on going down to Florida to run Melbourne and Beaches again and I am glad now that I did not pay for a flight and additional registration. I have no races planned right now and I can't imagine doing any in the near future.  The goal is to get back to running without pain. Maybe I will never run a half again. So I'm going to remember this day and cherish it.

Melbourne Music and Beaches Half Marathon February 5, 2012


  • Starting a blog was something I had been thinking about for years and I finally got the courage (and some time) to start one.  I mainly do it for myself and my friends who want to know what I read and what I like. I used to publish my "Books Read" list on Facebook, but now I can do it here and also do some reviews too. I wish I had more time to review every book that I read, but have to be happy with what I can put out. Being a good mom and wife is my main priority, along with my part-time job, the house, etc...

  • In 2012 I read 175 books! Last year I read 107. I have some librarian friends who read upwards of 300-400, so 175 is pretty small compared to that. I don't know where I found the time to read so much, but I did. I guess it is a priority!



My favorite books of the year were:

Young Adult
  The Fault in Our Stars.jpg

Adult
 


Children's
 

New Adult





I am not much for making New Year's Resolutions, but here are a few goals of mine:

  • Blog more
  • Stop weighing myself every day (limit to once a week, it is really a bad habit)
  • Keep my leg healthy, even if it means taking more rest days than I like.
  • Order the Insanity program and start it.
  • Become a better writer
  • Run one half marathon
  • Laugh and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment