Sunday, November 25, 2012

Book Review: Reached by Ally Condie

 


Cassia’s journey began with an error, a momentary glitch in the otherwise perfect façade of the Society. After crossing canyons to break free, she waits, silk and paper smuggled against her skin, ready for the final chapter.

The wait is over.

One young woman has raged against those who threaten to keep away what matters most—family, love, choice. Her quiet revolution is about to explode into full-scale rebellion.

With exquisite prose, the emotionally gripping conclusion to the international–bestselling Matched trilogy returns Cassia, Ky, and Xander to the Society to save the one thing they have been denied for so long, the power to choose. (Description from www.amazon.com)

My thoughts:

Reached was the third book in the Matched trilogy. I loved the first book, liked the second book and went into it hoping to like the third book. And it was just ok.

I had a hard time getting into the book; it was a long, slow start. Dare I say I was bored. The story did not "start" until 2/3 of the way into the book (in my humble opinion) and it was so anticlimactic. The author spent way too much time talking about The Plague and The Mutation and The Cure . I really wanted to see more of the love story between Cassia, Ky and Xander. It was practically non-existent.  It seemed of a friendship than this great love story that I was expecting to continue when I read Matched. So I was left disappointed. As for the writing, no one can diminish what a poetic writer Ally Condie is. That is probably the one thing that kept me reading. If you started the series, you probably will want to read to see how it ends, because Matched was so intriguing. Too bad it didn't end as strong as it began. I think I can surmise what the reason for this is, but that is another post.




No comments:

Post a Comment