Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Book Review: From Notting Hill with Love Actually by Ali McNamara








Movie fanatic Scarlett O'Brien dreams of a life as glamorous and romantic as all the big screen flicks she worships. When a chance house-sitting job in iconic Notting Hill comes along, she knows living in one of her favorite movie settings is an opportunity too good to pass up.
Leaving behind her skeptical friends, family, and fiance, Scarlett heads to London and finds herself thrust into the lead role of her very own romantic comedy. But can real life ever be just like the movies? Larger-than-life new friends, a handsome but irksome new neighbor, and a mystery from her past may prove to Scarlett that living her life like a RomCom is more complicated than she thought! (Description from http://www.amazon.com)

My thoughts: 

How could I not read a book with two of my all time favorite RomCom movies in the title? I mean, I need a new copy of Notting Hill because it has a scratch in it (just at the part where Spike is trying on t-shirts for Will). I love Spike. Anyway...

Loved, loved, loved.Yes, it was predictable. But so what.  I read chick lit because it is light and fluffy and makes me happy. It will make you happy too. 

Looking forward to the sequel called: 









No comments:

Post a Comment